Thursday 3 March 2011

Black Swan

one of the most talked about films of 2010 and 2011 is 'Black Swan'. I had wanted to see it for many weeks and finally had a chance a couple of days ago. I had not read any reviews of it, only heard some passing comments about the story line and the acting.

Feeling a tiny bit apprehensive about watching a Hollywood blockbuster film, I felt pleasantly surprised after watching it. The plot and special effects keep one focused on the film and take the viewer away into a slightly disturbing psychoelic world of an obsessed ballet dancer.

I don't want to give too much of the film away to those who haven't see it, but I would definitely recommend it.
The last thing for me to say about the film is that I started having some of the same problems that the main character of the film has - namely, I developed a rash on my arm similar to the one she has on her back... This really made me think if I identified with the film and the character too strongly - perhaps time for soul-searching?

www.imdb.com/title/tt0947798/

No comments:

Post a Comment